Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Poem

Connor sent me a framed picture of the Kansas City, Missouri temple and the following poem he wrote for Mother's Day.  He will probably kill me for posting it on his blog.

Mommy, I love you, I sure do.
So here are some things I need to say to you.

Jesus Christ had a perfect love....Right?
To me you're pretty much there. It's plain in sight.

I know you don't have marks in your hands or side as proof,
But it's obvious you sacrifice EVERYTHING for those under our roof.

I mean Jesus was always serving someone in one way or another.
I'm not kidding when I say that sounds just like my mother.

He taught everyone by example on what was good.
Alma 56:48 is spot on.  You taught me everything you should.

So I thought a picture of the temple would be fitting
To remind you two years is less than an eternity...no kidding.

Or maybe the reminder is more for me because I miss you a ton!
Anyways, the point is even though it's tough, I know I'll always be your son.

So mom, just know that I owe you more than you know.
I hope this can make a small dent in the thanks I should show.

Have a good mother's day. Go drink a Diet Coke or two
Because in twenty months somebody will be back to steal it...you know who.

Love,
Elder Ward

PS: Sorry I ate your chocolate rose.  I couldn't resist!  I LOVE YOU MOMMY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment