Monday, May 21, 2012

I WANT YOU TO DO IT ELDER WARD!

Dear Parents, family, people,

Hey! How’s it goin? That’s good. I’m sorry I have very little idea of what I have to say this week. Except, Mom I totally know what you were talking about. Talking with you guys on Mother’s Day was super awesome except it was just a little weird when my time was up all of a sudden and then I realized ohhhh yeah...back to missionary work.  Dad was right too it will never be the same again, and before you know it we will be having your 50th anniversary party at my house. (Not really though cuz dad won’t make it that far ;) go exercise ya bum!) Haha, just kidding… I love you dad. Oh, and that’s kinda lame that the stake split, but kinda cool too. I think 4th Nephi 16 or 17 would be a cool thought to share. These people were so happy not because it mattered what kind of ''ites” they were, but that they loved God and followed him.

So GOOD news…I finally got my new VISA application paper thingy. The bad news though is that I have to do EVERYTHING OVER AGAIN!!! Also, I don’t have a mommy to help me, but all is well. I got everything finished just a couple of hours ago.  I hope everything was done right. I found myself bossing the doctors around (not really) making sure they signed my passport size photos and stuff like that.  It made me feel pretty cool that I had a better idea of what needed to be done than the doctor. Everything should be turned in though by the end of the week and then after that it should only take 3 more weeks to get my visa.  (FYI-We received word last week that the Church is finally making progress with New Zealand to allow our missionaries in their country again.  It’s been about 7 months since they have let any in.  We had to send Connor’s priesthood ordination dates and seminary graduation certificate to show he is “qualified” to be a missionary.  Also, since his visa application was completed back in November, they are requiring that he completes a new one with all of the medical tests and exams done again to be more current, but at least he might finally get to New Zealand now!!)

I'm sorry family but I don’t have my journal on me today, so I’m a little worthless when it comes to remembering some of the stuff that happened this week.  I do have some sad/interesting news though. Remember Bernard? Uhhhhuuuuhh! We have been going to his house a little non-stop. Finally one day, Bernard’s wife, who we very rarely see, opened the door and we asked if Bernard was around. A little teary eyed she said that Bernard doesn't live there anymore. We asked what happened, but she doesn't know. Bernard I guess just got up and left his wife and 10 year old son that was pretty much the love of his life. Ssssiiiiigggghhhhh... We are going back tonight to try and teach/console Bernard’s wife and offer them our Kansas City zoo tickets that a lady in our ward gave us.

So, I don’t know what happened but this week I was just thinking a ton about my missionary efforts and stuff like that.  I realized how much meaning there is behind “serve him with all your heart, might, mind, and strength that ye may stand BLAMELESS before God at the last day. I don’t know why but there were a couple of things that didn't really go that well this week (just like every normal week), but for some reason I got down on myself just worrying that there was more I could have done or something better that I could have said. It's really hard to explain how I felt this week, but I have been praying really hard. I’m not even sure what for, but it’s been helping! So yeah…transfers are this week. I have no idea what is going to happen, so I guess we will just have to see.

Mindy and Alexa were supposed to get baptized this week except Mindy missed church because she was at the hospital. So we’re going to have to push it back a week. Alexa is going to be devastated. Oh and something cool happened last week too! We went over to their house to share a lesson and start to set up the baptism program. We asked them who they wanted to baptize them and we started offering names like the Bishop and a couple of other people in the ward.  Alexa stopped us and pointed at me and said, "I WANT YOU TO DO IT ELDER WARD!" I almost started crying. I’m so excited for them and I am going to miss them so much when I have to leave.

I love you guys so much and I hope you guys have a good last day of school. Go give Nater bug, Hannah, and Jessica a big hug for me, Collin. Tell them “good job” and “you did it”. Keep goin to the temple and man that’s super sweet about the Gilbert temple! I will probably get a picture of it on Wednesday. I have an older gentleman, Brother Phelps, who comes out with us to visit another elderly part member family on Wednesdays and he used to work at the Mesa Arizona temple. He always brings me pictures of the Gilbert temple. Haha, I probably am better updated on it than you guys are. Be good!

Love,

Elder Ward


No comments:

Post a Comment