Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sweet Experience-Hamilton NZ Temple!!!


Hamilton New Zealand Temple
Dearest Family,

Darn I look forward to emailing you guys every week. I love all of you soooo much! Trevor!!! What the heck in the world?! I don’t even know that guy anymore. :) I just took a peek at some of his pictures he sent me and it kinda gave me some flashbacks. There’s no doubt I fought with him a lot and I could probably quote some of the nasty things I've said about him like, "I don’t want him to be my brother anymore!!!" and "I hate him so much I just want to punch him in the face!!!" Make sure when you go pick him up or when he gets home that I send my love and appreciate all the good he has done in my life by being a good example and that it is an honor to wear a name tag just like his... ahh darn…I just realized his is in Spanish.  It's still an honor though!

Happy anniversary parents and good job making it this far! I suppose we owe you some serious props for accomplishing a feat that is not so easy in days like this. Haha…dad you’re right…I think I’m learning a thing or two about what the future holds in store. Remember how I used to get really annoyed at people who would eat loud (sorry about that everyone). This week I finally realized that my companion chews his food SUPER LOUD and I almost cracked up laughing at how much that used to bother me. Sure it can still be annoying but I’ve realized just how foolish I had been telling my own family TO GET AWAY FROM ME!!!

This week on Wednesday I got to go to the Hamilton, NZ, temple and boy, oh boy, was it a sweet experience! It was so much needed and I was so grateful for the Spirit I got to feel there. Something really stuck out to me this time around. I guess I will just share with you when I get home or something when we can be in the temple together. It really helped me to go to one of my favorite places in the whole world, THE LORD’S HOUSE. Thank you so much mom and dad for getting married there and for being good examples for me on the way I should live.
Mission Temple Day


This week we have been meeting with an investigator named Kanahana and her boy Miami and her girl Kaniehana. The mom is Maori and she explained to me that she is having a real hard time. She has tried everything pretty much and nothing has ever worked for her... she said even anti-depressants are worthless. Haha. She is a typical Maori lady. She is super straight forward and is not afraid to speak her mind. She explained that she will read the scriptures and that she will go to church, but she won’t pray for this, that, and these reasons. I just said I'll be straight forward with you... “You WILL NOT be able to get out of this hole and find peace and happiness without help from Heavenly Father, which comes through prayer. We have taught her all the lessons and she came to church yesterday! We’re looking to have them baptized in October but not sure about which date yet.

Also, we went to go contact a referral given to us by one of the members and a really nice lady opened the door and invited us in. She had been taught by missionaries in the past and pretty much received an answer that it was something she needed to do and that it was all true. We had an awesome lesson with her, and she was in tears by the end. She let us know that we were supposed to come that night, and it made me feel so grateful for the Spirit! I hadn't even planned on going there that night, but somehow we got led to that house. I realized sometimes we might not even realize how much God directs us in our lives. It's kind of like Nephi when he went to get the plates. He didn't know what he was doing he just did what he felt like he needed to do, and sure enough it all worked out.

What else hmmm... haha trying to stay positive here. :)

OHHHHHH!!!! I got a letter from Jessica Barney this week along with her graduation announcement. It made my life! Haha…she told me about how she is going to be a nurse and stuff at Utah Valley. She even had a quote from President Hinckley on her announcement.  She will be a good catch for somebody…someday!

Anyways the work is going good. Sorry dad…you’re wrong! My companion has got 3 weeks (not 1 week) left…23 days left to be exact... haha. It's not me counting but I sure do hear it everyday.

Sorry this letter is kinda lame...

Love,
Elder Ward
AJ (Cool guy that helps us out) & a Cool Rainbow
Cool Glasses we Found
 
Awesome Rugby Field
 

No comments:

Post a Comment