Sunday, April 21, 2013

Transfers this week......


Dearest Family!

First I need to start off by….WAY to go AVA!!!!! That is one massive fish that you caught! You should have eaten it though...that's what heaps of people do here in New Zealand. They catch fish and then take it down to the local fish and chips shop and have them cook it right then and there for just a small fee.  I will admit I never really cared for any kind of fish before my mission, but I am pretty hooked on fish and chips here in NZ. Sorry about your finger mom! That was pretty grody... I just don’t understand why you went to the urgent care when you had your sew sisters right there!!! They could have fixed that up in a jiffy! :) Other side notes…Aubrey you stay away from those boys!!! Collin, have fun at prom and REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!!! Trevor good luck with finals and remember you are the man!  Dad, you might want a little more practice on those motorized carts. You will be in one of those for real before you know it. ;)

Big news for the family! TRANSFERS are happening this week and.................. drum roll please ...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... I’m going to STAY in Tauranga!!! Elder Hatch is going to be leaving and I will be training a new zone leader, Elder Lamb.  Elder Hatch will be going to Readoubt stake. So yup, I am super excited, a little overwhelmed, and maybe feel a little bit inadequate to be senior zone leader, but nonetheless I am super excited!!! Especially too cuz I get to kick off this transfer by meeting Elder Oaks!!!! I know I have told you a thousand times, but I am so excited to meet an apostle and shake his hand.

Onto my week though….some of the biggest highlights were the two baptisms we had this weekend. One was for A, the little girl who we have taught the past little while. It was just a small service, but the spirit was felt super strong. Sorry I forgot my camera, otherwise I would send a few pictures. Then the other people we baptized were two boys named H and E. We had taught them everything and had them ready to be baptized, but they were going to move to another ward (our district leader’s ward), so we held off so they could be fellowshipped in the other. The service went well and E asked me to baptize him. The hard part was his name was ridiculously long, (4 names that were all hard to pronounce). That was fun haha! He went last and he was starting to get second thoughts, so we had to have his older brother tell him it was FUN!!! He was super excited and happy after he was baptized.

Other news…we established a great relationship with our bishop this week. Ever since I’ve been here we haven’t been able to get together for whatever reasons. This week though our awesome, brand new ward mission leader planned a split and I went with him and Elder Hatch went with the bishop. They had a great visit with some less active members and got back really late at 9:30 while the ward mission leader and I swapped mission stories while we were waiting for their return. Anyways, they came back laughing up a storm and we said a closing prayer and the bishop gave both of us a big hug goodbye.  Its good to have the bishop involved in the missionary work in the ward here.

Another story was a part member family we just started meeting with and the mom came outside to talk with us. We didn't reprimand her for not coming to church or anything like that, but I realized a lot of the work we do is just showing others love and kindness and helping them feel accepted. While we were talking to her she stopped us and she asked us if we get a good response from the people we talk to. We answered by asking, “Why do you ask?”  She said, “Here in New Zealand we care a lot about relationships and most missionaries don’t realize that, but you guys are great. We can really tell that you care...” Haha…that sure did make us feel special.

Sorry, I just have a bunch (not heaps) of small stories and things I learned this week, but here is yet another one. This week G and R were interviewed by bishop to receive the Aaronic Priesthood!!! WOOHOO!! I still love their family to pieces and it was cool too because when we last visited their house we learned that there daughter, Debbie, is really good at dancing. So we asked her to dance and it was up to PCC standards. Elder Hatch and I were just thinking where the heck did this come from?! Apparently she teaches quite a few people around that area so we had a short dance lesson while we were there.  I am going to come back a mean Kidabus dancing machine.

Then last story this week….I took an Elder from our zone out on tradeoffs in his area where I was put on a bike once again. I thought I was going to die again like the last time, but I actually didn't struggle too bad. This missionary I was with President Lekias previously had a very close watch over, but he has grown a lot since he has come down here. Anyways, we had an awesome tradeoff! We worked hard and I bought him some pizza and really just had a good talk with him about his mission and where he wanted it to go. He was super appreciative after and we became quite good friends.  It's awesome being a zone leader and being able to help people change and see them grow.

SO, yeah sorry, my thoughts are kinda scattered and my stories aren't super great, but that's alright right?
The church is true! Don’t ever forget!

Love,
Elder Ward    

No comments:

Post a Comment